The blog has become a major project but I’m so glad I started it, even if it does take more of my time than answering a few periodic questions from friends. I’ve met many new friends and have learned SO much through researching and reading other blogs.
Basically, On Blogging Well has a 7-day editorial calendar. This helps me have an idea about what to post each day plus it helps readers. I have readers who won’t miss the blog on certain days, but because they’re busy, skip it on the days when I post topics that aren’t as important to them. And different readers have their favorite topics. It seems to be working well.
The schedule is:
• Marketing Monday – Each Monday we discuss a different aspect of marketing, such as traffic generation, product promotion, etc.
• Techie Tip Tuesday – I try to use videos, when time permits, to explain technical tasks that can help bloggers. Sometimes I refer my readers to tutorials made by other bloggers or I simply write a post. And yes, I take requests, so if there’s something you’ve been struggling with, use the contact form and I’ll do my best to help answer your questions.
• Wednesday is Friends Day – Each week we feature a blogger who has used his or her blog in a unique way.
• Thursday is Words Day – This topic shares writing tips, especially in regards to blogging, such as writing effective headlines, etc.
• Freebie Friday – Every week we have a give-away on Fridays. Sometimes it’s a mini-report I’ve written or even an eBook one of my blogger friends has offered. I try to select valuable information that all bloggers can use for these freebies.
• SEO Saturday – This topic could be titled “Search Engine Optimization Demystified.” I try to give quick and easy tips that even non-techies can implement that will help their blogs gain better rankings.
• Potluck Sunday – Each Sunday I pick five of the best blogging-related posts I’ve read throughout the week and post links to them.
The blog is relatively new but we’re already developing a community of regulars, which is exciting to me. If you haven’t yet visited On Blogging Well, we’d love to have you stop by and introduce yourself.
Linda Fulkerson is a wife, mom, author, hobby farmer, photographer, blog coach/online marketing advisor, and self-proclaimed blogaholic. She’s been blogging for nearly six years, and while some not-quite-six-year-olds are barely out of pull-ups, in bloggy years, that puts her among the blue-hairs. You can learn more about Linda by visiting http://lindafulkerson.com/ or by stopping by her blog, http://onbloggingwell.com/.